Sunday, August 2, 2009

First post - bakesale




My son's church preschool is having a bakesale.

I made two batches of cookies and sealed 2 cookies in a cello bag. I couldn't help myself -- I embellished them with some papercrafts. (I just hope they sell!)

The first batch of cookies were an oatmeal cookie with cherry chips and white chocolate chips. The various flowers were made with a technique called dry embossing from brass stencils by Lasting Impressions (I love their stencils, and use them a great deal so you will see more of those here).

The quotes were printed out on my computer and then cut out using some Spellbinder dies in my Cuttlebug.



I also made a second batch of cookies, ones with a school theme. These cookies are chocolate with white chocolate chips.

The cookies were embellished with some Quikutz Revolution dies. They have some very cute school dies such as pencils, buses, words.

I used the pencil die to make crayons - by adding two black stripes and not using the eraser portion of the die.

3 comments:

  1. Holy cow lots of work BUT fabulous creations Shelly!! Fantastic to see you have a blog. I really enjoy your creations and will add your blog to my blog favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Shelly on a job well done. Love your blog and I'm envious as I want to do one but haven't yet! Your hydranga is gorgeous and I still have the sample one you sent me and can't part with it! And your cookie idea is fabulous. And hey ... you're cute too! Great to "see" you. Continue creating. With joy. :-) Donna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your treats turned out wonderful! Super yummy in every way!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...