Saturday, September 26, 2009

Bakesale

My son joined Boyscouts this year, and today they put on a car wash and bake sale. I made some cupcakes and packaged them into cellophane bags. The tags and fall leaves were made using oval Spellbinder dies. I really like these leaf dies, if you run the dies thru the Cuttlebug with the embossing mat it will make veins in the leaves. I also rubbed some brown ink on the edges of the leaves to give a more realistic touch. I couldn't resist a touch of glitter on the outside scalloped oval. The center oval was stamped in brown ink with a 'journal' background stamp.

I just sent my boy and the cupcakes out the door - hope they sell well!

Edit: I had a question on how I frosted the cupcakes so nicely (thanks for the compliant by the way). I used a 'cupcake decorator kit' by Wilton. I bought the kit at Target for around $10. Here is the link to show the 'Cupcake' kit. This kit has a hard plastic tube instead of a plastic decorator bag. Wilton also sells a kit that has uses a decorator bag - I tried this first and didn't like using the bag. Easy Peasy, if you can draw a circle - you can do it!!

4 comments:

  1. I bet these yummy looking cupcakes are the first to sell, Shelly. I always use to buy baked sale items based on the packaging myself..knowing if someone put a lot of love into that the contents were equally as delicious.

    Nettie

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cupcakes are making me drool and I just LOVE the leaves on the tags. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh! What a lovely presentation for your yummy looking cupcakes. I bet they sold like hotcakes...or cupcakes. LOL
    Love how you packaged them. It shows you put a lot of LOVE into making them.
    Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these too and am now hungry for some cupcakes! How do you frost the tops like that and did you use a recipe or pre-made? I would love to try this for a church group I'm in :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...