Saturday, October 3, 2009

Angel Wings


The above card was made for a yahoo card group that I belong to. The angel wings were my own design! I made the design in Inkscape and cut it out on my cricut machine using Sure Cuts A Lot (SCAL).

In order to emboss the wings, I cut out the design twice in heavy cardstock and glued them together. I then cut out a piece of vellum using the 'Shadow' feature (2) in Sure Cuts A Lot. The Shadow feature basically cuts out the design slightly larger. To emboss - I placed the vellum piece on top of the smaller cardstock piece, and ran it thru my Cuttlebug with an embossing mat.

8 comments:

  1. I love this card! The inside is beautiful, too. Thanks for sharing!
    -S
    http://crazycricutcutz.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so pretty! I love the sentiment too! I've never heard that one before! Great work and thank you for the file!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love your card. It is beautiful. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your wings and card are beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is stunning!!! Love what you've done. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just found your site as I just purchased a CE. I would love the angel wings but the link said it was removed. Is it still available? Great site! Love the eyelet too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow!!

    Shelly this is stunning! I was searching the internet today for angel wings and found your site. I am so glad that I did ... I your work and LOVE the wings. Hopefully I will be able to get them from you and will email you.

    Thank you for sharing your talent!

    Sincerely,

    Cindy_K

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...