Thursday, November 19, 2009

Gift Card Holders


Here are some Gift Card holders. I signed up for a Gift Card holder swap in a Yahoo Group and this is what I came up with. When the box opens up, there is a slot for the card to sit in.

When I finished with one I had yet another idea, so I ended up making two holders! I decided to make the gift cards with a Thanksgiving theme. The turkey and pumpkin images were dry embossed using some Lasting Impressions brass stencils.



When the box opens up, there is a slot for the card to sit in. Difficult to see in these images, guess I should have taken a couple different side photos (oops, they are in the mail already).

Here is the SVG for the Card Holder. I did not put score lines on this box -- I don't usually like how the score lines cut into boxes (I hand score my boxes and cards). To find where to put score lines, I placed guidelines on the svg file. The finished dimensions of the box are: Height - 3 inches, Width - 4 inches, Depth .5 inches.

12 comments:

  1. Shelly these are very nice...really like your turkey one...great job.

    HUGS,
    Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! Your blog post will be advertised on the DigiFree Blog Cutting Freebie search engine today (look for timestamp: 19 Nov [LA 04:32pm, NY 07:32pm] - 20 Nov [UK 12:32am, OZ 11:32am] ).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for sharing! I was looking for a gift card holder to make for the holidays and this will be perfect with a Santa on the front.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the file and the dimensions. I have not tried to make one of these before.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shelly.....
    These are just darling.
    Thank you for sharing your talent and your file.
    **U**
    Nance

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks so much for sharing your lovely file. I like your style of design a lot!

    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cute! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so much for this Freebie. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in Creative Busy Hands Cricut Freebies Search List, under the Elements post on Nov. 20, 2009. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good collection hard to chose,all of these cards are so much nice and cool color collections thanks.
    plastic card printing

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gift card may resemble a credit card, or appears to be a theme throughout a plastic card with a credit card.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the concept. I was unable to get the svg file :( It said the file had been removed. Thanks for posting your beautiful pics.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...