Wednesday, December 16, 2009

A2 Card Box

I have had a couple of request for the card boxes that I used in the previous post. So if you would like to have the cutfiles for these just click on the blue links.

A2 card box top

A2 card box bottom

I am sharing these files as .SCUT files rather than the usual .SVG files. I am sharing the .SCUT files so that the files are sizes correctly for standard A2 cards and envelopes.

You may notice on my files that I don't score the fold lines in Inkscape, personally don't like the little holes that it makes in the paper (I manually score the lines on my paper cutter with a score blade). On this particular file it should be very easy to tell where to score the lines from the notches on the tabs. To glue the tabs I used a Herma Dot runner but I am sure you could use anything from double sided tape, Glue Dots, to Zig pens.

In the previous post you will notice that the card boxes have clear tops, I just used clear overhead transparency film. You can find transparency film at any office supply store or copy center. By the way, I have found that the Glue Dots work really well on the transparency film in that they look invisible - but again almost any adhesive would work.




I have also had a couple of questions about my Cards in the previous post....

'Where did I get my cutfiles?' -- I designed them in Inkscape! I normally love Inkscape - but I have been very frustrated with it lately, I have a new Mac (love my Mac) but it is not very compatible with the latest version of Inkscape -- hopefully they will fix the bugs soon!

'Would I share the cutfiles?' -- I did share one of the cards in a previous post - so if you were one of the 300 people that downloaded the card. I may share other card files at a later date - so stay tuned Christmas is coming. My thoughts on sharing ... I like to share especially if it is a simple file that doesn't take much of my time, but some of the files have been time consuming to design.

'How did I get the colored paper to adhere to the white card?' -- First I cut a piece of colored cardstock to the standard A2 size (4 x 5.5 inches). To adhere this colored cardstock to the underside of the card front, I simply used my Herma Dot runner and put glue in a few places here and there and the along the top and sides. I also use a piece of scratch paper under the cards as I applied the glue, as the glue often got into the cut spaces. Honestly you could use any type of adhesive!

Hope all that made sense! If you have anymore questions, let me know.

7 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing your box file with us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for the box file, look forward to the card files if and when they are available

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did a great job on the cards and boxes too, I hope I can do as well maybe next year! My cricut is behind all kinds of boxes as my kitchen has moved into my craft room - it's being remodeled ha! Bad timing! Thanks for sharing, it's wonderful to see sharing done these days :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for this Freebie. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in Creative Busy Hands Cricut Freebies Search List, under the Elements post on Dec. 16, 2009. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you! Your blog post will be advertised on the DigiFree Blog Cutting Freebie search engine today (look for timestamp: 16 Dec [LA 03:54pm, NY 06:54pm, UK 11:54pm] - 17 Dec [OZ 10:54am]).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for sharing. Love your ideas!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...