Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Engagement Card


My little brother just got engaged, so I made this card to celebrate the engagement. I am very happy for my brother - his fiance is very nice. Welcome to the family Erin!!

I saw a similar card made by Anna Griffin, I believe that it was meant as an invitation. She had an entire series of invitations that spelled out things like PARTY, DRINKS, HOHO, JINGLE. When I spotted her cards I thought I could come up with something similar. My card might not do her card justice!

I made my card to fit into a business envelope (4x9.5 inches). There are 2 pieces to this card the front (IDO!) and the back. The front and back are held together with an eyelet and the ribbon is threaded thru the eyelet. To view the sayings on the inside of the card you have to twist the top (hope that makes sense).

I thought I would also share the quote I put on the inside ... 'Love one another and you will be happy. It's as simple and as difficult as that!' - Michael Leunig

6 comments:

  1. What a beautiful card and an amazing message!!!! What a special treasure for sure!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your cards are so pretty and this one is no exception. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very Beautiful! Elegant.

    HUGS!

    Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card, and your message is so sweet
    and true.

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow! very pretty... and I think it would work well as a slide too. now I must run away and try it. Thank you for sharing and inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is amazing- is the I DO made with chip board?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...