Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Sympathy card - dove

Unfortunately I needed a couple sympathy cards this week. I designed a Dove to use on these sympathy cards, if you would like to have the Dove SVG click Here. I used a regular ballpoint pen to outline the edges to help give the dove some definition.


The first card is pretty straight forward - quick and easy. The green leaf is a Martha Steward punch. For the quote I used 'Someone remembers, someone cares, your name is whispered in someone's prayers.'



For the second card I pulled out my Wild Card cartridge. For this card I used the Swoop (page 42). I was playing around with the size and found that the 4.5 inch would fit into a standard A2 envelope.

9 comments:

  1. Sympathy cards are always difficult to make for me. Thanks for the freebie.
    Yolie
    http://justyolie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both of your cards are beautiful, Shelly. I love the bird too, and I appreciate you sharing him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful card Shelly!!!! Sad that it's a sympathy card...but it's a gorgeous one none the less!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you! Your blog post will be advertised on the CraftCrave Blog Cutting Freebie search engine today (look for timestamp: [21 Jan 07:50am GMT]).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for this Freebie. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in Creative Busy Hands Cricut Freebies Search List, under the Elements post on Jan. 21, 2010. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty...I love both your cards...sympathy cards are always hard to do but you really did a great job on these.

    HUGS,
    Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh, these are sooooo pretty. I wish I had had these cut files when I had to make the card for my cousin. I have another to make and with the aging of my dear family, probably more to do. I would love these files.

    Thank you for sharing
    Jega

    ....learning....one tutorial at a time.

    http://jegaspassion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cool and very decent and simple design has been made on these cards these are look nice thanks.
    plastic card printing

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...