Monday, February 22, 2010

New House

My little brother and his fiancie are in the process of purchasing a house -I am excited for them. Congrats Seth and Erin! I put together this card for them. I also bought them a couple of books which I will have to mail to them. It really sucks being in a differant state I would like to see their new home, I will have to wait until this summer.


The card is a 'Matchbook' card and opens in the middle. I cut the house out with my Cricut machine using the Joys of the Seasons cartridge (page 50). The embossed brown background is made with a cuttlebug folder. I also took out my sewing machine and sewed around the edges. The welcome tag is made from a Spellbinder Tag die.

11 comments:

  1. Great job Shelly! Love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm so glad u said u cut the house with ur cricut because my hands were aching just thinking that you cut this all out free-hand. not to mention the oooohhhhssss and aaaahhhhhssss over your talent.

    this is absolutely GORGEOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG Shelly...this card is SO gorgeous ma'am!!! They will surely treasure this card!!!! Would look so pretty framed and on a shelf displayed!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty! Love the pp you used!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card. And so weird my son Seth and his wife Erin are in the process of buying a home! Talk about coincidences.

    ReplyDelete
  6. `Beautiful` card
    Thanks for joining in with the Cuttlebug Challenge
    Terrie
    http://cuttlebugchallenge.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. THIS is AAAAAAAAADORABLE!!!! I love everything about it, so cuuute and love the colors! Fabulous job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a great card, and I love the colors you chose.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow...lov all the textures and colors...so much to look at in the pics. Great card!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...