Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Scraps

I was cleaning up all of my valentine projects, paper, embellishments and putting them up - I usually have all of my seasonal papers and embellishments out to help inspire me. Anyway, while I was cleaning up the mess I kept thinking how nicely some of the papers and patterns matched - they are all differant companies! So before tossing all the little scraps into the round file I made this card.

I am not sure - but I think one too many trips to the quilt shop with my Mom inspired this card. This weekend I took her to a new quilt shop in a town a couple hrs away, it was find of fun watching her drool over the fabrics, patterns, and quilts. After a couple hours passed by I asked her if she was hungry yet, she replied "Food? How can one think of food at a time like this?" I got her to leave the building only by telling her we had 2 more quilt shops to visit. At lunch she said "You must think I am nuts wanting to stay that long in a quilt shop." Hmm, she has never seen me at Archievers - the nearest one is 4 hours away!!!

Oh yeah -- I quick tip when you sew on a card, make sure you open it first! I didn't do that and so this card is sewn shut, oooops! This one might end up in the trash after all.

9 comments:

  1. I've been cleaning my scrap room for about 2 weeks now. I've been finding treasures too! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW Shelly!!!! I LOVE your card!! Gorgeous design!! Thanks for sharing with Die Cuts R Us this week!!

    Bug HUGs - LORi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shelly I love the different patterns you used. YOur card is lovely, I like the patchwork look. Thanks for joining the DCRU Challenge this week.

    Smiles!
    Gwen DT@DCRU

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great use of your Valentine scraps, Shelly! Love the embossing on some of the squares!
    Thanks for sharing with DCRU!!
    Cara DCRU DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't trash. Just put your sentiment on the back. It does not have to open. Too pretty to trash. Also thanks for the clover.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Darling card!! I love how you used the scraps and the stitching if fabulous!! Great job with this weeks challenge!! Thank you so much for playing along with us at DCRU!!
    Sheri
    DCRU DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Came to your blog by way of CRFun. Take your card and adhere it to another card that will open and viola, you have save all of your creative hard work.
    Thanks for sharing this.
    Vee

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Shelly I lovvvvvvve your card! Such a clean style! And guess what, I've sewn cards shut also, lol! This card is way to pretty to throw away!
    DCRU Hugs
    Amber

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! so simple yet so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...