Sunday, February 14, 2010

Valentine - Mini Album


Here is a mini album I made for Valentines Day. The hearts came from the Doodlebug Charms cartridge (page 85). I used the Scallop Heart on the very last page.

The words 'I Like You' and 'Wild About You' are from the Wild Card cartridge (pages 71).

Cereal boxes were used to make the album, which I cut with my deep cut blade. I used a paper hole punch to make holes in the side for the rings to hold the album together. I made 2 holes in the side for 2 rings but found later that 1 ring worked better - 1 ring makes page turning easier!

On the cover I pieced a few strips of paper together with my sewing machine. I was trying to be thrifty and use all my scraps. I used a Martha Stewart heart border punch on a few strips to add interest and texture. I made 2 albums and with only 3 sheets of patterned paper!

The other Valentine mini album is going to be giving away as a door prize for my Moms Club. Hope that they like it!

13 comments:

  1. Shelly, your Valentine mini album is beautiful. You did a fantastic job on the front of it too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty album. Thank you for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty album! And what a great gift. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a pretty album. I love the paper and front is stunning.

    Lisa
    JB-DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cute little book!!!!! I bet your boys loved getting that from you!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is truly beautiful, so delicate and the colours are just lovely.

    Karen
    JB DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. what an adorable mini album! thanks for joining us at just buggin this week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very pretty mini album!!! Thanks for joining us at Just Buggin Challenges!!
    Lynne JB DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just WILD about your valentine mini album!!!

    Thanks for playing this week at Just Buggin'

    Hope
    JB DT :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a gorgeous little book! I love how you used strips to maek that fun look! Thanks for playing with ust at Just Buggin!

    Kandi *JB DT*

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful mini-book! Great job!
    Stephanie H *JB DT*

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations Shelley, you are our winner this week for our 3D challenge over at Just Buggin, please go over and collect your winners button

    Well done and look forward to seeing more of your work soon

    Karen
    JB DT

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...