Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Chaotic Layout


This is my March calendar page - not sure if I like it, I really debated over posting it!! I think that this is the busiest, most chaotic layout I have ever done. It seems so busy that your eyes can't focus on one thing. I think that I am going to blame it on too much caffine. Hopefully March will go by fast so I don't have to look at it very long in my Kitchen.



About the only thing I liked about the layout is the owl - I ran him through the cuttle bug by the way to put some texture on him. He reminds me of the owl from the old Tootsie Pop commercials!

EDIT:
I had a couple of questions about my layout - so here goes.

1. Papers - The background paper is cream cardstock. The owl is cut from kraft paper. Trees, Leaves, Font and Owl feet are from American Craft paper - I found that this double sided paper cuts VERY well in the Cricut.

2. Spiral - hand drawn, font on spiral is my handwriting.

3. Font - LD Flutter

4. Tree - svg designed by me.

5. Owl - The owl is inspired by Kim Hughes - her website is http://paperhugs.typepad.com/
Kim Hughes has an entire line of stamps that are sold by Cornish Farms - they are all CUTE! An interesting side note - she has started designing for Paper Trey Inc a line of SVG's. So far all she has are cards but hopefully she will start coming out with her characters she has on her stamps.

15 comments:

  1. I like your layout! The owl is perfect! The lil' guy looks like he doesn't know which tree to hop onto! LOL. Is he a Dustin Pike image? Love it! Smiles!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh shelly! i love it! i love the busy of it. it just makes the whole page FUN! it's super.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am laughing---this is just so darn cute and I love that owl! Great job! Thanks for joining us at Just Buggin'!
    Stephanie H. *JB DT*

    ReplyDelete
  4. The embossing makes the owl really stand out. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think it's reeeeally cute, I love it! Not "too crazy" at all! Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hehe that owl is totally the Tootsie Pop owl! He's so adorable, love the embossing! ;) Love all the tree detail and fun pics! Thanks for joining us at Just Buggin!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think this is a VERY cute layout!! Can you give us any details on how it's done? Paper? Are these Cricut cartridge cuts (are the trees from a cricut cartridge)? How you drew on the spiral shapes (or did you do it free hand?) with text included? I REALLY like it! That owl is darn cute too! I don't think it's too busy at all!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really like this layout it is sooo creative. thanks for sharing. Mary HK

    ReplyDelete
  9. Shelly, the page might be a bit busy but I like it anyway. I think our pages can represent what we going thru at the time even if it means we drank too much caffeine!! My favorite part is the owl - I love how you ran him thru your cuttlebug. I may just have to steal the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your LO Shelly! I don't think it's too busy! Very creative, love the tree as the focal point (the branches on the sides are wonderful), the photos are perfect sizes!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It is great. The owl is so cute! The tree as your center point is really good.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I many be new to the cricut but not to scrapbooking and I think this layout is awesome. The texture is wonderful and I adore how you have made the owl come to life. I really like how you have used the phrases. Your writing is great too. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cute layout! I am new to the scrapbooking community. Love your blog!

    -Amanda
    www.theladywolf.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your layout. I don't think it is too busy. Very cute. The owl is great I also like the circles in the middle with the writing.
    Enjoyed your blog.
    Amy

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...