Thursday, April 22, 2010

Birthday Cards


Here are a few birthday cards that I made using CRI-Kits gel pens! The birthday cakes are from a font that I purchased from Scrapnfonts.com. If you are curious the font is called DB Love Pastries. I would like to share the finished SVG, but after reading the license agreement I see that you are not to sell or distribute the files -- so sorry!

I had to 'clean-up' the font in Inkscape so that it would translated better. By clean-up, I had to simplified the nodes and eliminate a few double lines. I then imported the SVG into SCAL and put the cherry and leaf on a separate layers so that I could draw the cherry in with a red and green gel pen.

This card is used the same font as the previous cards. After I had drawn the birthday cakes on with my Cricut and CRI-Kits gel pens, I used a Spellbinder die to cut and emboss the label shapes. I used a stamp for the 'happy birthday' on the labels. I also used a Martha Stewart edge punch at the bottom of the card.

4 comments:

  1. REALLY nice job at doing and explaining.

    Love to see all the things coming with the pens.

    TKS

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you used the pen on your cards.They are so pretty,

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice Shelly...love the pens...I just ordered some so can't wait to try them out!

    HUGS!
    Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just beautiful Shelly. Now I am definately getting some pens
    Cheers

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...