Thursday, April 29, 2010

Mother's Day



Here is the card I made for my Mom for Mother's Day. She is an avid quilter and gardener, so I tried to come up with a card that had both of her hobbies. I hope that she likes it, I am pretty sure that she will.
To make the 'quilt' portion of the card, I stitched 9 1.5 inch squares to a 5 x 6.5 inch cream colored cardstock. I then used a Stampendous 'Happy Mothers Day' stamp for the sentiments. I used Inkscape to design the tulips cutfile. If you would like to have the SVG Click here! After the tulips were cut out at almost 5 inches tall, I used some pink and green ink to give some depth. A white gel pen was then used to add additional highlights to the tulips. I used my xyron to apply glue to the tulips and adhere them to the card.

9 comments:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous card. Love the details on the tulips. Looks like the petals are layered! Thank you for sharing your files with us. These will look good on the bulletin boards at work for next year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for this post. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in Creative Busy Hands Cricut Freebies Search List, under the Flowers post on Apr. 30, 2010. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave in the Cutting category today [30 Apr 02:00pm GMT]. Thanks, Maria

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I love all your work, but I have to say I think this is my favorite!! Just stunning!! Your mother will love it (trust me - I'm sure!, LOL)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very very cute and love the balance of it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just beautiful....love it.

    SusanE
    http://papasuecreative.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful card! Love the tulips and the quilted effect. Did you sew it on your machine or by hand!

    Blessings, Pat

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Shelly, the card turned out wonderful. The background is great and the tulips are fabulous. I wasn't able download the file so if you could email it to me that would be awesome. I'm gonna take a crack at it.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...