Friday, April 16, 2010

Wedding Invitations - V

Here is my fifth attempt at a Wedding Invitation. This invitation has a string closure to it. The closure is pretty easy feature to incorporate - just 2 eyelets, 2 red circles, and some string. I had to laugh when I handed this one to my Hubby, he wasn't too sure how to open the card. He kept thinking that the invitation was supposed to slide out.

The invitation portion is very simple on the inside. I used a touch of red and incorporated some dry embossing of a branch with leaves.

Here is a close-up of the dry embossing.

This dry embossing is fairly simple to do if you have a cuttlebug! I made a 'template' by cutting out 2 branches in heavy kraft paper and glue them together. I then put this 'template' on the invitation where I wanted it embossed and than it thru my cuttlebug. If you would like more details on this see my 'Angle Wings' entry.

11 comments:

  1. I love this one....it is a winner in my book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have to say this is my favorite as well! Not much work on this as the others will. Wondering how many you will need to make?

    ReplyDelete
  3. this on so far is my favorite. I love how beautiful and elegant it looks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved #1, but now,I dont know... I love this one... I am partial to embossing...definately a winner tho...

    ReplyDelete
  5. OK I loved #2 but now I think this is my favorite! You are so talented!!! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is my favorite too! But they are all so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This screams greatness. They are all great. I loved your hubby comment.

    Thanks for the link on the cricutscrapperlifters group.

    ReplyDelete
  8. My vote is for this one, too, with #2 a close second!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is my winner too, I just love it. Simple yet oh so pretty/elegant! Lisa in Texas.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really liked this one. The embossing technique is really neat. Hadn't thought about that before. They are all really nice but this is my fav.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...