Sunday, May 23, 2010

Iced Coffee - gift & recipe

I needed a 'thank-you' gift and this is what I came up with ... a bottle of coffee flavoring, the recipe for Iced Coffee, and a set of 'coffee' cards.

I made a small box that would hold all of the cards - and made it to hang on the neck of the bottle.


If you are fan of the Iced Coffee at McDonalds - here is a recipe for you. Who knew is was SO simple to make!!

EDIT:
I didn't type out the recipe because I thought everyone could read it on the photo - (FYI - if you click on the photo it will enlarge them). I realize the font on the recipe is a bit hard to read so I will retype it!

ICED COFFEE
8 cups strong coffee
1 (14 oz) can sweetened condensed milk
5 oz flavored syrup (optional)

Combine brewed coffee, condensed milk, and syrup in a large picture. Refrigerate until chilled. Serve over ice (blended if desired). Top with whipped cream and chocolate shavings.
TIP - use left over coffee to make coffee ice cubes.

NOTE - It is much easier to combine the condensed milk while the coffee is still hot. Also this is a very sweet version and I often use half the amount of condensed milk.



PS. I just heard that CRI-Kits has lowered the price on the Embosser.

8 comments:

  1. This is a perfect gift! I love coffee stuffs! Just love what you've done, thanks so much for sharing!!
    **Huggs, Jessie**

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute and sure they will love it. TFS. (I however would have to change to Hot Cocoa. LOL.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea! Love the cards and the holder - and will use the recipe too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow...love this card and gift idea!! Thanks for sharing...besides who doesn't need a little caffeine!! Hugs, Teresa E.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh that set looks AMAZING!!! Wonderful job ma'am!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW - what a cute idea - PLUS - a recipe for a yummy concoction! Thanks, Sweetie. I always find inspiration on your site. Gonna go make some iced coffee...
    Laura
    http://cricutcard-iologist.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Shelly, at the exact moment that I copied this recipe - I love those frappe's waaaay too much - my computer shutdown, and I have been looking for you ever since (see comment above from June 1st!). Thanks for posting the new card today - I found you again through the SCAL group! I am already a follower but haven't seen anything from you recently on my dashboard. Thanks for the recipe!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...