Sunday, May 16, 2010

Teacher Gift


I needed a couple 'Thank You' gifts for my son's teachers, so I made some cards. I appreciate all the work teachers do. This year I have watched as my 1st grader's reading skills have really improved!! He is getting so big - sigh!

Anyway, here is a picture of the set of cards. I made a 'pizza box' to hold the cards. If you would like to have this SVG cutfile CLICK HERE. This box is sized to fit standard A2 envelopes, and it will easily hold 8 bulky cards and envelopes.

The big flower on the front of the card is dry embossed from a Lasting Impression brass stencil. The front flap of the card is embossed with a Cuttlebug folder 'Swiss Dot'. The tag on the box is also from Cuttlebug. The 'Thanks' stamp on the tag is from Stampendous. The ribbon on the box is seam binding - I simply love how it ties bows!


Summer is almost upon us, and my kids are already talking about all the fun they will have -- me not so much. I remember loving summer when I was I kid! Now that I am a Mom, I find myself not really looking forward to the long days ahead. I can't say that I hate summer, but I will miss all my free crafting time!! It won't be too bad as my boys enjoy crafting with me, but it is difficult letting them loose on my supplies. Good thing there are summer camps.

This year my youngest son started preschool, 3 glorious days a week and this is his last week (sigh). I just have to console myself that next year ... Kindergarden (yes -- 5 days a week)! While I am consoling myself with this notion, my Hubby asked 'So are you going back to work next fall?' WHAT, give up my crafting time?

20 comments:

  1. Cute cards and box. I downloaded the SVG file although me and SCAL do not get along to well. I know what you mean about summer. I am a single Mom of two 7 year olds and summer is all about them and not much crafting time. Thanks for the file. Chris

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a great idea. Thank you for sharing. I will need to have my son help me make some for his teacher and my daughter for her two Pre-School teachers for graduation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are absolutely gorgeous Shelly. I was planning on making Evan's teacher some cards too. I will let you know if I use your box. If it's any consolation, you're not the only one not looking forward to little busy bodies home from school during the summer! I've been trying to get my summer swaps done now so I don't have to worry about them. Ev starts grade one in September and although I'll be happy to have my days to myself, I'm not looking forward to being alone all day! Crazy how fast kids grow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful i downloaded the box ,do you have directions for the cards they are beautiful.
    Ann W
    weedmana@embarqmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great box and cards. Thanks so much.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for the box file. Can see great uses for it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The box is lovely. I like how you did the little tab for easier opening. The teachers will love these gifts.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful gift to give to his teacher or for anyone. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Both are just fabulous......where did the pattern come from for the curve and scallops on the card? Is it a Wanda or a Penny? Would love to follow your pattern...hey...when something is wonderful...don't mess with it...haha...I always enjoy your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave in the Cutting category today [17 May 02:00pm GMT]. Thanks, Maria

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you Shelly! This is just what I need to hold some special cards I've made. Appreciate your generously sharing the file.
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you so much for this post. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in Creative Busy Hands Cricut Freebies Search List, under the Elements post on May. 17, 2010. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  13. OMG! stunning. The teachers will LOVE this! (I know who will be teacher's pet next year, wink-wink)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I made a stack of cards too as a gift and was wondering how I could package them...until I read your blog. I cut the box and it works perfectly! Thanks so much

    ReplyDelete
  15. your cards are beautiful. I am sure the teacher will love them

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you Shelly for the pizza box file. I will really use this around Christmas time. Thank you and enjoy those boys they grow up so fast. Then what do we do when they are gone. I will find out fast with the last one graduating yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wonderful cards! Thanks for sharing the box file with us!! :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love this idea! Thanks for sharing the box

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thank you. I feel your craft-time hunger pains. Can't wait to squeeze in a late night using this file. :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Nice blue&white colour..the combinations of the colours is too good..nice cards...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...