Saturday, June 26, 2010

Embossed Vellum - Lacy Labels

I was at Walmart the other day and went down the scrapbook isle to check out the new Cricut lite cartridges. I ended up buying one, Lacy Labels. I stood there debating for a long time about buying it - and finally caved. There are so many pretty images on this cartridge, I know that I will use it many times. Here are three cards that I embossed on vellum with my CRI-Kits embossing tool, and then cut out.



NOTE: I wasted a bit of paper before I finally figured out how to emboss and cut with a cartridge -- you have to use the Center Point button! If you do not use the center point button the layers will not align properly. I this is probably the first time that I have ever used the Center Point button! After you emboss the label, the blade carriage will return to the center point, this is when you insert the Cricut blade and cut the shape out (you do have to be careful not to bump the carriage while inserting the blade).

If you have Design Studio or a Gypsy you will have an easier time with cartridges. I am a Mac user, so the Design Studio is not a option! The whole time I kept wishing that I had the cutfiles in Sure Cuts A Lot so that I could use the layers feature.



Here are a couple close-ups of the embossing details - they came out very crisp and clean. You may notice that the center piece of the 'Bliss' card is a little different color. I embossed a separate piece of vellum for the 'Bliss' word and sewed it on top, I wanted it to stand out more - and to hide my ribbon.

14 comments:

  1. Hi my name is Denise and I am new to the blogger world. I love your cards! I was wondering if you could check out my cards? rndhud6.blogspot.com and give me some feed back?
    thanks keep up the great inspirations...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry my e-mail is rndhud6@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh WOW WOW WOW!!! Those are breathtaking!!! I so can't wait to get my embossing tool!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your cards turned out beautiful, Shelly. I'm going to have to try my Cricut embossing tool on velum sometime. Thank you so much for sharing with us.

    Jill...:-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your cards are gorgeous.......
    I like them very much.
    Thanks for sharing these great pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice cards! I am beginning to think I need the Cri-Kit!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning design. First really nice embossing project I've seen. I guess I'll have to try them.

    TFS

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow fantastic. i am in Uk and am soooooooooo envious. Really neeeeeeeeeeeeed that cartridge!!!! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  9. beautiful. great choice of cart!

    ReplyDelete
  10. please do not post such cute cards made with both the embossing kit and the new cricut lite cartridges... I have been debating about both these and darn it, now I think I have to cave in and get both...
    Thanks for making me spend my husbands hard earned money...


    DARLING CARDS!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love these! I have the Cri-Kit pens but you are selling me on the embossing tool as well!
    Well done!

    Kris in Alaska
    funamom at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  12. You have convinced me that the embossing tool is well worth the cost. These are the most beautiful examples of using this tool that I have seen. Thanks for sharing.
    marianna
    www.vintagearabesque.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Shelly...I have just kind of started to work with vellum cards myself! BUT not with the embossing tool!! I will have to learn more about this and look into it! Your cards are absolutely breathtaking!

    HUGS!
    Vicki

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...