Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Mini Album - lacy labels


I just finish up a Mini Album to put in my kitchen. I saw this mini album display (7 gypsies) at my local scrapbook store and purchased it right away. I kept thinking how nice it would be to display photos. I hate to say how long it has sat empty - but months have gone by. I really hate that! Don't get me wrong, I am glad that I purchased the stand. Just wish it wouldn't have taken me SO long to finish a project for it. Oh well, guess that is life - busy.


This mini album is made out of cardboard (cereal boxes) and then Kraft paper adhered to the cardboard. I used a simple scalloped square for the base of my album, and a hand punch for the holes. If you would like to have this scalloped square SVG, CLICK HERE.




For the titles, I used vellum and the CRI-Kits Embossing Tool. The embossed designs are all from the Cricut Lacy Labels cartridge.

I had a couple questions on how to adhere vellum to cardstock. I use a spray adhesive - any brand will work. I spray the vellum and then place the vellum on a piece of scrap paper and run my hands over it a couple times (this will smooth out any messy globs of spray you may have) - then carefully peel it off and place onto the cardstock that you want. Not a fool proof method, as I have torn velum trying to peel it off the first piece of paper!


The papers are from the Basic Grey line called 'Capella.' I purchased a small 6x6 pad and made this mini album and 3 cards (see previous post) - and I still have a number of pages yet!

5 comments:

  1. Oh how HANDSOME that is!!!! I love it and they are PRECIOUS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave in the Cutting category today [01 Jul 12:00pm GMT]. Thanks, Maria

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for this post. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in Creative Busy Hands Cricut Freebies Search List, under the Elements post on Jul. 01, 2010. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this...and your boys are so handsome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your mini album (and display!) is great, and your boys are adorable! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...