Friday, August 27, 2010

Zinnia flowers

I have been busy trying to get all the wedding invitations done for my brother, which is why I have not posted anything new in a while. I promise to post photos! Anyway, I took a small break this week and worked on something creative and fun. I completed an SVG cutfile of the flowers at the top of my blog.

At first I did a simple line drawing of the flowers, and then traced the drawing in Inkscape. I made the file a large one - almost 10 x 10 inches. I am not sure what I will do with the file, but I like it! NOTE: I did start with a new blade in my Cricut, just to make sure I got a clean cut on all those fine lines.

To download the cutfile for this large Flower (SVG file), CLICK HERE

After some thought as to 'what to do' with the flower image, I finally made it into a card. By making the image smaller, I had to eliminate some of the finer details.

To download the cutfile for this flower card (SCUT2 file), CLICK HERE.



As a side note - I just wanted to say 'Thank you' for all your generous comments! I was amazed at all the congratulations comments on my 'creepy treat boxes'. THANKS

16 comments:

  1. How beautiful! Thank you so much for sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow the flowers are beautiful!! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful and so download worthy! I am in such a flower phase!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty! I love all things floral. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great file. thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely file AND logo. I downloaded the svg file and was wondering if you would consider making the card an svg file as well? Just lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow! can't even image how you manage to make this file. I'll just settle for being happy you are sharing it with us!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's a keeper for sure. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. THanks a bunch for sharing. It must have taken a lot of time to get it in this perfect state. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you so much for this post. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in Creative Busy Hands Cricut Freebies Search List, under the Flowers post on Aug. 29, 2010. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are just beautiful. Thanks so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you for sharing and I believe, when I am on the correct laptop, I will download, and than try my Cri-Kit Gel Pens with this file.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is just plain georgeous. It opens in the newest version of SCAL on my Mac and I am delighted to find your BLOG.

    Thank you

    SusanE
    http;//papasuecreative.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Shelley, I've been away so long, and your blog was the first I've been to, to see what everyone's been up to. These flower cutouts are beautiful!!! But neither link worked for me. :<(

    Also - SUPER on the magazine article! What a "hoot"! (A little Halloween humor) The boxes are darling!

    Laura
    http://cricutcard-iologist.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. this link doesn't work. where can i find the file. i really like it.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...