Friday, September 10, 2010

Baby Name Collage


I needed a Baby gift, because one of my friends just had a new little girl (Kathryn). I wanted to make the gift, but wasn't too sure what to make . . . so I went surfing the blogs in search of inspiration. I found some major inspiration over at Amy's SVG Blog (click here for link). I urge you to run, don't walk over to Amy's blog! Amy has posted quite a few Baby Name Collages, each one is just prettier than the next.

Anyway - here is my version of a Baby Name Collage. If you click on the photo it will enlarge it. I used the Angelina Font in Sure Cuts A Lot (SCAL) to create the name. There are 3 layers to this name, and I used the 'Shadow' feature to make each layer slightly larger. It is difficult to see on this photo but the white layer in the name, as well as, the Eyelet Border is covered in glittered.
That gorgeous flower is a Prima Flower! My local scrapbook store had an entire isle of these Prima Flowers. I showed great restraint in purchasing only one package, I really wanted them all. Oh, and the dark green swirly die cuts behind the flower, are from a DingBat Font called WWFloralCorner.

5 comments:

  1. That is beautiful, Shelly! Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you chose such beautiful papers and a gorgeous layout for this piece of art!
    It looks amazing!
    TFS
    soraya

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Shelly - just posted your collage on my blog and linked back. Thanks for sending it to me! Have a great day. Amy

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...