Saturday, October 9, 2010

Happy Halloween

The above is my Halloween card I made this year and sent out to my friends and family. I have to say up front - I did not design this. I purchased the pattern from papercuttingsbyalison.com. It is a website that is dedicated to paper cutting, *by hand*. There are some fabulous patterns there. I fell in love with the Halloween silhouettes and bought the pattern; I then made a cut file so that I could cut it out with my Cricut. Honestly, I can't imagine cutting this out by hand, I had to simplify these to make it easier for my Cricut to cut!

EDIT: I have had a couple people ask if I would share this cut file. I didn't design this; so I don't think I can really share someone else's designs. I have no affiliation with this website, but I would like to respect their designs. If you would like to have a cutfile, it is very easy to turn their patterns into cutfiles! To make a cutfile ... just scan (or photo) the pattern and bring it into Sure Cuts A Lot or MAKE The Cut and 'Auto Trace'. If you have never done an auto trace there are some great tutorials at SVGcuts.com and Scrappydew.com

9 comments:

  1. This is wonderful...I checked it out and couldn't quite understand what all you bought to make this...this turned out terrific...I LOVE it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found the Halloween silhouettes in the Halloween/Thanksgiving catagory here is a more direct link ...

    http://www.papercuttingsbyalison.com/categoryDetail.cfm?CategoryID=3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shelly that card is just adorable! I love taking hand cut designs and converting them- easy is so much nicer, LOL *Hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable card! I'm hoping to get SCAL for Christmas and can hopefully learn how to change them to files.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You did a really nice job on this card and it would be a unique one to receive. I think it's great that you didn't share the cut file since it was someone else's design.

    ReplyDelete
  6. awesome card ... so inspiring!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...