Friday, October 29, 2010

Turkey Rosette Cards



I have been playing with the rosette files again! This time I tried out some striped paper and got to thinking it would work well as a Turkey (hmm, now I am thinking peacock too!). To make the large turkey -I used the same Rosette file with Pinked edge (see Rosette post). In the Sure Cuts A Lot program I changed the height and width to 3 inches tall and the width to 18 inches. By changing the height I got a larger diameter circle and by changing the width I got a bigger spacing between the score lines and a 'thicker' pleat. Even though my file is 18 inches long, I left it on the 12x12 virtual mat so that the SCAL program would cut off the paper at 12 inches (my patterned paper was only 12x12). If you cut the Rosette file at these dimensions you will only have enough for a half circle, so if you want a full circle you need to cut 2 and paste them together. To make the body and face of the Turkey, I just grabbed some scissors and started cutting by hand (seemed quicker at the time as they are all small pieces - sorry no file to share).

I made the 'gobble until you wobble' text with my CRI-Kit Gel Pens. For the gobble and wobble text, I used the CRI-Kits Serif and the CRI-Kits glitter orange gel pen. The 'until you' text was made with the Zapfino font and the CRI-Kits black glitter gel pen.

To make this Tom Turkey card ... I again used the Rosette file with pinked edge. To make the bird feathers I only wanted a half circle, so I simply cut the strip of paper down to 6 inches long by hand after unloading the paper from the Cricut. I cut the body and face parts of this turkey out by hand also.

To make the 'Merry Gobbles' text. I used the CRI-Kits black and orange glitter gel pens and the LDJ Shop Til You Drop font.

11 comments:

  1. It's adorable. Although I'm not understanding making it 18" but letting SCAL cut at 12", why not just make it 12"?...I'm going to try...you have never failed me in your wonderful creations...so I have the faith...haha thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cute!!! Great job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Shelly!

    OMGosh LOVE that turkey! Sooo cute!

    Ruthie :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shelly,
    How cute is that!? Very, very.
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my these are fantastic!!!!Love In Christ….Penny Duncan
    My Blog: http://pennyduncancreations.blogspot.com
    My ETSY: http://pennyduncan.ETSY.com
    pennyduncan@live.com pennyduncan@att.net
    Sent from my IPhone

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are so clever! Great idea to use the striped paper. Any chance you'll post the cut file for the rosettes again? I got the message that the link is no longer good. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I gave the 3 rosette files to CRI-Kits.com. They should post the file soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Shelley...Adorable!
    Laura
    http://cricutcard-iologist.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your turkey card is adorable, what a smart use of the rosette. I tried to download the rosette to make the turkey and it says that the file is not available. Will you be sharing this file again? Thank you for sharing, too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  10. How cute is that? I can just see a peacock done this way too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Adorable turkey!!! Wonderful idea! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...