Saturday, November 27, 2010

Mr. & Mrs. Wedding Card

I'mmmmm back! I have been gone for a week to Nebraska to attend my brother's wedding. It is good to be home, and sleeping in my own warm bed. I have forgotten how cold Nebraska can get this time of year (brrr!).
Here is the wedding card I made for my brother and new sister in-law. I got the idea from an Anna Griffin (Cecile collection) scrapbook embellishment. I used Anna Griffin paper for the card base and letters.
This card is an easy 5 minute card!! I think I spent more time choosing a font than cutting and assembling this card. I simply found a font, typed the words in the Sure Cuts A Lot program, and used the weld feature to tie them together. I cut the (MR. MRS.) words in silver glitter paper and the (&) in gold paper. Next, I used the shadow feature and cut all the words out in a plain cream cardstock. I used pop dots to layer the words onto the card.

11 comments:

  1. Beautiful card.

    MichelleMyBelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi. I found your blog from the easy wishbladers forum. This is really lovely. You said you spent more time picking out the fonts - so what fonts are these? I love the card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful Shelly. Hope you had a nice Thanksgiving in the midst of the wedding festivities! My sweet hubby stood in line till midnight on Black Friday & got me an Expression, which I am allowed to look at (the unwrapped box), but not touch until Christmas! Thanks for the inspiration for this card. It is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shelly,

    I hope you had a great time at the wedding!!! :) Your card is exquisite! It's hard to imagine you made it so quickly.

    Thanks for sharing,

    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your card and I want to try to make it for my son's friend for his wedding this summer. Thanks for the inspiration. Pam

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Shelly,
    I tried Georgia font but it's not the one you have, could you check again on the font??? I would appreciate it. Thanks, Pam

    ReplyDelete
  7. MR MRS - Georgia font

    & - Young Love ES font

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this card - so simple, yet very elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Shelly!!!! These are GORGEOUS!!!!!! I KNOW they absolutely LOVE these!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...