Saturday, November 13, 2010

Nativity Scene Card

I finished up all my Christmas Cards and I even addressed the envelopes (30 cards)! I am sooooo amazed that I finished before Thanksgiving :) Strange to have them all done, never finished this early before. Hmm, now that I have my cards out of the way - I have time to think about Christmas crafts ...

I made my Christmas Cards similar to last years card, but I put a Nativity scene on the inside instead of a Santa scene. I kept the outside of the card very simple, since there is so much detail on the inside.
I put a simple 'Belly Band' around the card to keep it together. This year I used a stamp on the belly band rather than handwriting the 'Merry Christmas. I think I like the hand writing much better, but this was also faster.
.

Here is a photo of the inside of the card. The following is what I wrote on the inside of the card.

And the angel said unto them ...
'Fear not, for, behold,
I bring you good tidings of great joy.
For unto you is born this day
in the city of David, a Savior,
which is Christ the Lord'

22 comments:

  1. This is beautiful!!! What did you use to make this cut?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your christmas card is lovely!!! I would also like to know what file you used to make this type of card.
    Terri

    ReplyDelete
  3. omg, this is just stunning! is there somewhere I can buy the file?? hugs, Anita

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooohh! I'd love a copy of this one too! Such beautiful work...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, now I am thinking of doing a pop up page! I think something like this would look beautiful. thanks for the inspiration

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow!!! I am a Nativity collector and just love the file. What a great card to send out. did you design yourself or did you get the nativity from somewhere..

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this card, do you have a file you will share? Very creative.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Realy you are all done??? I just started! Yikes!
    This is a wonderful card! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. beautiful! it's refreshing to see someone makes cards about what Christmas really means.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful! Great design, too. Happy to see the religious theme - what Christmas really is, after all. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your design is gorgeous! What a beautiful card and sentiment.

    JS

    ReplyDelete
  12. Shelly
    I commented before on this wonderful Nativity scene but wanted to say thanks for the idea on the front of a pop up card.
    Myrna

    ReplyDelete
  13. Shelly, this is breathtaking. Absolutely lovely. What paper do you use that's long enough? Thank you so much for sharing with us. Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks so much....I ordered both...but don't see where to download them?

    ReplyDelete
  15. If you didn't see the download link on the Pay Pal transaction, then email me at the above email and I will mail them out ASAP!

    ReplyDelete
  16. These cards are absolutely stunning! I love that you are selling them as a donation to your food bank. Thanks you so much!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is a beautiful card. I'm considering buying it, but I also wondered where you find the paper that is long enough to make the cut.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Both the Santa and Nativity Scene Cards are pieced together! 5.5x5.5 inch squares are glued to both ends of the scene. Both scenes are just under 5.5 inches tall and 11.5 inches long.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...