Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Metal Embossing


I made a set of cards using some Architectural Medallions. I found these images in a Dover Publication. If you are not familiar with Dover Publications, you may want to do a web search to see the large variety of clip art books they offer! Dover publication are generally copyright free or limited copyrights - which make them perfect for using in making cutfiles for your Paper Cutting Machines (Cricut, Shilhouette, Pazzel, etc.) . Note: You will have to look at each book to see their copyright information, as you may not able to share the files you have made, but you can certainly make them for your personal use.

I have been thinking that these Medallions would translate well into cards! So I turned the clip art into some cutfiles - and embossed them into metals with my CRI-Kits embossing tools. The first set of cards I made, I used silver metal so they would match.

Then I got to wonder what the other metal colors would look like...



13 comments:

  1. Shelly
    I love these and wish I had some of the tools for my Cricut to do things like this. I keep thinking I should give it a whirl on the aluminum foil I had for another project. I heard you can turn the cutting blade upside down to emboss. (bit of a chicken to try that though) lol
    Myrna

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it. The colors are beautiful too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning cards, I really love the colored versions. Nicely done, very elegant, thank you for sharing your beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh....BEAUTIFUL!!!! I LOVE the colors too!!!! Gorgeous job ma'am!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful cards!! I just discovered Dover. Great images, but I was wondering what to do with them. You hit it out of the park!

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow,this gives me all kinds of ideas. did you use the cri-kit metals too??

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those are beautiful...I have the stuff to try it...gonna have to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. beautiful. Yes I love the Dover samplers. They come in handy for soooo many things.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful. Where do you get the colored metals from?
    :)
    Susie

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...