Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Basket with Rolled Roses

I have been making a couple more Baskets! Are you getting tired of seeing my baskets? Keep scrolling down to see 2 more versions of this basket.

With this basket I left off the fringe that I put on my earlier baskets. I decided to make a simpler, and cleaner looking basket. I simply painted the basket with 'acrylic texture snow' (DecoArt Snow-Tex) and attach some Rolled Roses. I am thinking that this basket could work for several occasions - Easter, Mothers Day, and even Birthdays!


Here is a close-up photo of the Rolled Roses. I made a Rolled Rose pattern Cutfile (SVG, SCUT2, DXF, WPC, and GSD). In the cutfile I included a regular straight edge rose, a scalloped edge rose, and 2 leaves. In my next post, I will include a tutorial on how to assemble the roses.

7 comments:

  1. Shelly, I am absolutely Loving all your baskets! Thank you for the inspiration, and the tutorial on the handle, too. I have always glued the beads, but that can be a little messy-looking, so I appreciate the tip of using crimp beads. Duh!! Lol!! I guess I'll need to keep my jewelry-making supplies close at hand now! Thanks, Hon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning.. that's all I can say. Thanks for sharing.

    Hugs
    Dusti

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic baskets! TFS in the yahoo users group.
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful...I have tried rolling these before and seem to be all thumbs LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  5. All your baskets are pretty. Whomever gets these will be pleased with them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely beautiful my sweet friend--just like everything you do!
    Big cricky hugs to you!
    k

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is beautiful! I am planning on attempting to make the flowers for my wedding & I will definitely be using this as the flower girl basket! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...