Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Basket



I made this basket using a cereal box, - the cereal boxes are very study and cheap substitute for chipboard! My Cricut machine had no problem cutting thru the cereal box! I used a hot glue gun to assemble the basket together. I painted the basket with DecoArt Snow-Tex (snow paint). The snow paint gave it a lumpy texture like snow and while it was wet I sprinkled it with clear glitter (for extra bling). At first I used a silver pipe cleaner as the handle. After taking a second look at the handle I decided to use some wire and a few beads. I will post a short tutorial later on this beaded handle in the next post.

For the fringed bottom - I used a couple strips of white and blue streamers. I stapled the streamers together along the top. Then I took a pair of scissors and cut some fringes. I then hot glued the fringed streamers to the bottom of the basket.

I then made a couple of rosettes out of blue and newsprint paper. If you would like to see a tutorial on how to make the rosettes, see this post. You can download the free SVG files for the rosettes at CRI-Kits.com.

I then printed out a clip art angel and cut it out. The angel was purchased from Katie Pertiet of Designer Digitals.

4 comments:

  1. Your baskets turned out adorable. And Oh my, I just bought some beads this week, to lean to play with those.

    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shelly, I LOVE the handles on your baskets! The baskets are adorable too!!!!

    http://debrapate.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. love your baskets awwsome............Rose

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...