Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Rolled Roses-Tutorial

I made a cutfile for the Rolled Roses that seem to be all the rage lately. In the cutfile I made one rose circle with a straight edge and another rose circle with a scallop edge. I also included two leaves in the cutfile - one fat and one narrow leaf.
To achieve different sizes of finished roses, you will need to vary the size of the circle to begin with. (to make the Rolled Roses on the Basket I used ... 1 - 3 inch red circle, 1 - 2.5 inch light pink circle , and 2 - 1.6 inch med pink circles.)

To make the Roses, you simply start on the outer edge of the circle and roll it towards the center. To get started rolling - I like to take a pencil and roll the paper around it.

Once I start rolling the paper - I take out the pencil and simply roll it tightly upon it self. The pencil is just use to get it started.

Once you reach the center of the circle - you will be finish. Then just put some glue in the center to hold the flower in place. I like to use a Hot Glue Gun!

In the above photo you can see the difference between the straight edge and the scalloped edge of the Rolled Rose cutfile.

The above photo shows several roses made and assembled together with a few of the leaves included in the Rolled Roses cutfile.

17 comments:

  1. Are you sharing the file? I bought a petal roller and haven't used it yet.
    Carrie
    carriedan1 at live dot com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks I just purchased the files and can't wait to get started!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where are the files at? I just LOVE these!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you share this cut file, I would really like to have it. I love your roses and just haven't been able to get it right yet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your sweet little baskets. The one with blue is my favorite. I have a bunch of that colored metal,from your post below, but I haven't used it yet.Thanks for the inspiration. Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave in the Cutting category today [04 Feb 12:00am GMT]. Thanks, Maria

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would LOVE this cut file, but have looked to the right and under your name and can't seem to find it. Thanks,
    Christine- cteal32@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I also love the cute file. The picture are there but no button to purchase. Thanks Belinda belzhappy@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Shelly , your work is wonderful. I too would like these files but can't see the downloads :(
    Jega-
    jegacats@gmail.com
    http://jegaspassion@blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for the tutorial. I bought a die that makes that cut, but then I didn't know what to do with it next.

    ReplyDelete
  11. AWESOME! I don't see the cut file though. I think these are so pretty, I would love to have one!!! =o)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just purchased your cut file for these beautiful roses, but I cannot open the zipped file. Can you post directions, please?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the roses. Thank you for the pic tutorial. I am so visual that if it weren't there, i prob. couldn't do it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. i loved your post!
    simple and amazing.
    i will use in many projects...
    thanks and kisses

    Marjoyre - Brazil

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love these flowers...I have made some for Christmas and glued tacs to them for push pins on the cork boards. They came out super cute. Thanks so much for sharing. I'm now your newest follower. I would love for you to stop by and visit my blog sometime.
    jennyscards.blogspot.com
    hugs,jen

    ReplyDelete
  16. I too would like these files but can't see the download

    yourstrulyforever9999@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. I would love these files but I cant see them.

    andreasons@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...