Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Valentine Animal Bags SVG


I made some Valentine Treat Bags for my Son's Cubscout group. I bought the files from Lettering Delights. I have to say they are pretty CUTE, - but they are a little work. Luckily I only needed 7!!

I did find it strange that some of the 'animals' were very detailed (with paws, claws, tails, and feet), while other animals didn't have any the extras (oh well, they are just as cute). I ended up eliminating all the feet and paws - mostly because I wanted to have all the bags finished before my boys got home from school! I think they look just as good with out the extras. For example, my alligator doesn't have feet, and paws, below is a picture of what he should look like.
I also tried to streamline the cutting process by making all the animals use just 4 colors (pink, red, white, and black). This just helped so I didn't have to dig thru all my papers for brown, green etc.. Plus, I thought they might look a little more Valentine ready.

If you cut the bags as they are sized they will only be about 2.5 inches tall. I ended up resizing them because I wanted larger bags - just a warning, this can be a bit tricky for a beginner!

3 comments:

  1. Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave in the Cutting category today [16 Feb 12:00am GMT]. Thanks, Maria

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...