Sunday, February 13, 2011

Valentine Treats

Tomorrow is Valentines Day, and I made some Valentine treat bags for both of my son's classes (40 total). Instead of using candy in the treat bags, I found some cute stuff (rings, erasers, squishy dinosaurs) at Target and the Dollar store. I found the small cellophane bags at Hobby Lobby in the party section.

To make the bag topper I simply cut out a rectangle and folded it in half to form the topper. Then I used my Spellbinder dies to cut small circles, squares and frame shapes. I then inked up my stamps and got to work. The very cute Valentine Treat stamps are from PaperTrey Ink.

I have fun making the Valentines, and I am pleased with how they turned out. But the funny thing is - my second grader just asked me when he could have 'Store' Valentines like Spongebob or Hotwheels. Aggh, go figure!


My sons also had to have a 'box' to take to school for Valentine Exchange. I found some very cute Mailboxes at SVGcuts.com. They were sirprisingly easy to assemble!

To decorate the mailboxes, I used a free 'Monster Love' SVG from Lettering Delights. All the monsters had quite a bit of detail to them! I ended up taking a marker and drawing in some features because I didn't want to mess with the small pieces (stripes on the legs, cheeks etc.). My boys loved the monsters, and can't wait to take them to school.

7 comments:

  1. Those are so cute Shelly, they turned out great.

    Sher

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super SUPER cute Shelly!!!! He will be the HIT of the class!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. adorable! So funny about wanting the store bought valentines, LOL! At least it will save you time next year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the monster mail boxes! What a great idea! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...