Wednesday, June 1, 2011

A Child's Year - butterfly birthday cards

On my last project I had used the Cricut Cartridge 'A Child's Year', and it was still out on my desk (no, I hadn't cleaned up the mess yet). Anyway, I got to thumbing through the booklet and found this Butterfly Card (page 58). So I thought I would give this design a try!

In the above card I made the card base in solid pink cardstock cut out at 5.5 inches. Then I cut out another card at 5 inches in patterned paper. I used a dual sided patterned paper and simply cut it in half so I could layer it on top of the pink card base. I used the other half in the card below! It wasn't an exact shadow of the butterfly but it still worked. To finish off the butterfly card, I tied a ribbon and put in a flower and tag. The tag is cut from the Cuttlebug 'Tiny Tags' die.


Since I had an extra butterfly laying around - I put it to use on this card. For this card I cut the card base out at 4.5 x 4.5 inches. I then inked up the edges of the butterfly and tied a ribbon and button before attaching it to the card. I then cut out a 1 inch circle and stamped 'happy birthday' on it. To create a ruffle around the circle, used a Crepe Paper streamer and gathered it up and glued it to the back of the circle.


CARD SUPPLIES

PAPER: The Girls Paperie, Anna Griffin; STAMP: Stampendous, INK: Versafine - black, Papertray Inc - Tea Dye, DIE CUTS: Cuttlebug 'Tiny Tags', Cricut cartridge 'A Child's Year'; RIBBON Seam Binding FLOWER Micheals BUTTON Paper Studio

8 comments:

  1. Oh Shelly,
    This card is beautiful

    Hugs
    Dusti

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are really beautiful cards, Shelly! Thank you for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the cards...both of them. They are real pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those cards are beautiful, I love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty cards. Love the crepe paper detail! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...