Tuesday, July 19, 2011

CHA and Cri-kits gel pens


The CHA convention is going on right now. I have never gone to the convention (maybe someday) but at least I have a few items there. The first project is some packaging for a gift. I am thinking this would be an excellent way to wrap a wedding gift and include the Monogram of the newly married couple!

First I wrapped the gift and adhered a ribbon around the middle of the package. I then used my 'Pinked Rosette' cutting file and Cri-kits metal to make the Rosette. (this file can be downloaded for free from the Cri-kits website). I used a Hot Glue Gun to adhere the metal to the paper.

I then used a Cri-kits Silver Glitter gel pen and the Cricut Cartridge 'Lacy Labels' to make the label. I used the 'Flower5' (7th column and 3rd row on keypad). I cut this label out at 3.5 inches.

I used a Spellbinder die to cut the metal out in a circle. To adhere this metal circle to the black paper, I used Judi Kins Diamond Glaze.

I then used my Cricut to cut out an H. After I cut out the teal H, I coated it with Stickles 'crystal' for some extra bling! I then used my Diamond Glaze to adhere the paper to the metal.

PROJECT SUPPLY LIST
PAPER: Anna Griffin, Bazzil; RIBBON: Ofray; METAL: Cri-kits, CARTRIDGE: Lacy Labels, DIE: Spellbinder; GEL PEN: Cri-kits Silver Glitter; GLITTER: Stickles Crystal ADHESIVE: Hot Glue gun, Diamond Glaze


Here is another project I made using the Cri-kits gel pens. This project was completed first and after it sat on my desk for a day, I got to thinking how I could improve it. I added some metal and bling and that is how I came up with the above 'package'. Even though this first version is very simple - it would make a nice Christmas card or even a Wedding Invitation!



To make this trifold card I used Kraft paper. The center circle is made using a Cri-Kits Black Glitter gel pen and the Cricut Cartridge 'Lacy Labels'. This Label is the 'Home' label (6th column and 4th row) and is cut out at 3.5 inches. Please note that you will need to use the Center Point button on your Cricut machine to make these labels.

CARD SUPPLIES
PAPER: Basic Grey; Paper Studio; RIBBON: Offray; CARTRIDGE: Lacy Labels; DIE: Spellbinders; INK: Papertrey Ink; ADHESIVE: Xyron;

6 comments:

  1. These are beautiful. I've been thinking about getting this cartridge and after seeing both of your posts I think I'm going to have to purchase it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Shelley, these are so unique and elegant. I love your taste. So very pretty.

    Smiles Sher
    ShersL84bed@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic, if they are presented with Fresh flowers will have a very good impact.
    Gifts to pakistan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning card and well deserved for a wedding gift. It's a great idea. I have this cart and I agree about the handbook. Need to get the Cri-kits pens and soon.

    Tina from PA
    tinasscrapcorner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shelley loved what you did. I don't have those files for the Rosette Very nice gift wrapping and I am sure the lucky bride and groom will be impressed. I have not done anything with Cri-kits pens as I don't have any but they look so interesting. Could make things even more fun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Using the pens for the lacy patterns is such a good idea! They look so beautiful inked on there with the Cri-kits gel pens - I think it's the best use of the pens and the Lacy images!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...