Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Lacy Labels and Gel Pens



I have a couple cards to share. Both of these cards were made using the Cri-Kits gel pens and the Cricut Lacy Labels cartridge.

Here is a close up of the Lacy Label 'Adore'. This 'Adore' label can be found on the key pad 3rd column and 4th row.



It is really too bad that don't make a booklet for this cartridge - as this cartridge is very confusing!!! Please note that in order for you to do this label you must use the 'Center Point' button on your Cricut. First replace the blade with a pen. Move the blade holder a couple inches into the paper (due to the use of the Center Point button). Then hit the LAYER button and then hit the 'Adore' button and draw the label (I used 3 inches). When the Cricut is finished, the blade holder will return to the Center Point of the Label. Now you can cut out the lacy label by turning off the LAYER button and hit the 'Adore' button.

Here is a different card, in this particular card I used the 'LoveYou' Lacy Label. This 'LoveYou' label can be found in the 1st column and 1st row of the keypad.

For the 'Get Well' and 'Thanks' words I used a Quickutz Revolution die. I have found that the Cricut doesn't do a very good job cutting out small detailed cuts - such as a small fonts, so I used my trusted dies.

Card Supplies
PAPER: Girls Paperie, STICKERS: Basic Grey Urban Prarie, PUNCHES: Martha Stewart, CARTRIDGE: Lacy Labels, DIE: Quickuts Revolution, GEL PEN: Cri-kits, INK PaperTray Inc Tea Die Duo, RIBBON: seam binding

3 comments:

  1. I have this cart and have not used it yet. Thanks for the tips.
    Terri

    ReplyDelete
  2. I forgot to add.. I loved your card sorryyyy
    terri

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...