Monday, October 17, 2011

Happy Birthday Charlie!


Today my oldest boy Charlie turns 9 years old. WOW it doesn't seem possible my boys are getting BIG.  Not only is Charlie getting big but he is also maturing so much!  We celebrated his birthday yesterday.  We gave him a Slot Car race track that we ordered online.  He went to all the work of putting it together only to find the track didn't work.  I could tell that Charlie was very bummed - he didn't cry or even pout about it - Amazing, my little man!!  I offered to take him to a store and let him pick out a small gift.  He ended up picking out a Nerf Gun and then he asked if we could also get one for his brother.  So all turned out well - my boys ran around the house yelling and shooting each other, and the Online store is going to exchange the broken Slot Car track!

I made the 'Monster' cake myself.  I was inspired by this cake (see original post).  This was the fist time I made or eaten Cake Pops.  Is it just me - or do they all taste terrible?  My boys didn't even want to eat them.  Anyway, I was pleased at how well the Monster turned out, and Charlie loved his cake.  Little brother Henry has already put his order in for a green Monster cake for his birthday.

8 comments:

  1. Shelly, I follow you on Google Reader for your craftiness, and imagine my surprise to see your Monster Cake pop up! I truly think cake balls are an acquired taste (or you have to like really damp mushy cake like truffles). I'm glad you found your inspiration for Charlie!
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a wrong link posted for the cake - totally fixed the link to show the original post - Jen Adkins! Sorry, I should have taken the time to give the original poster. I just love the Monster Cupcakes Jen made - so cute and fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. No problem Shelly! I love seeing the different toothy grins everywhere with bug eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. you did an excellent job with the cake. It's hysterical! you are very versatile!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute, Shelly. Wow - what a grown-up reaction to a birthday disappointment. You have a very mature 9-year-old!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute...my girls remember every fun cake I ever made and what theme went to what year...the oldest is 34! Great memories MOM!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree that cake pops are terrible. You might try brownie pops next time. At least they have some substance to them. Cute cake!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the cake pops from the bakery. They make the cake and then mix it with icing to make it sticky and freeze the pops before dipping in melted chocolate. Yum!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...