Thursday, January 19, 2012

School Mini Album - APPLE


I finished up my oldest son's 2nd grade mini album, this time I used an apple as my basic shape.  So far I have made 4 school albums in the shape of a School Bus, School House, Chalkboard, and now an Apple.  I am thinking of making a pencil for my next album.  
For the ease of completing the albums I have kept the format of all the album the same.  I usually make 5 pages and use all the same fonts and embellishments (pencil, notebook paper, paperclip, and binder clip).  On the front cover, I keep it simple and just put my son's name and grade. 


Every year on the first day of school, I make the boys pose by the front door before school.  And at the end of the school day, I try to get a photo as they get off the bus.  It is fun to see how much they change each year!

I also try to make some journal notes about some fun things that happened during the year.  I also try to list some 'Favorites' such as friends, food, games and teachers.  To keep the albums looking consistent, from year to year, I use the same format, fonts, and embellishments.  My favorite embellishment is the big pencil!



I also try to make a copy of their report cards!  Charlie has always had the same comments from his teachers - 'need to control talking' (he is a bit chatty).  I also include a class photo and a photo from a field trip or class program.  But my favorite part of all the albums is the last page!  I make the boy sign their names - it is really fun to see how much their writing improves each year.


FREE FILE:  I put this file in my 'shop' as a free file.  Just click on the 'Pink Shop' button on the right hand side of the blog. As usual this file link is good for a week!

6 comments:

  1. What a lovely mini album, that will be cherished so much in years to come.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so cute.. would be a perfect teacher gift! Thanks for sharing the file and your artwork.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your mini albums are just adorable! What a great way to summarize the year. I love the idea of making them sign the last page so you can compare handwriting each year! Thanks for sharing! I enjoyed looking!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for this cute file! I appreciate your generousity!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a cute idea! Thank you for sharing the file!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for the file. I love how the binder clip goes through the leaf. That makes it very easy to open and view. I love all the little details you used to make a consistent book. Very pretty!
    Evelyn

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...