Sunday, March 4, 2012

Metal Rolled Roses


I spent the day playing around with my 'Rolled Rose' cutfile - but this time I used thin sheets of metal instead of paper!  I cut these metal roses out with my Cameo Silhouette.  I used metal from CRI-Kits.com.  If you would like to see a video of how to cut metal you can find it here.  This video shows a Cricut machine but the Silhouette cuts the metal just as easily.





If you have never made a Rolled Rose, I have a tutorial for it here on my blog.  The only difference in paper versus the metal roses - is not to roll the roses too tight and you can't get too worried if the metal crinkles.  Once you finish the rose you won't even notice that the metal is a bit crinkled!   I even had one rose the tore a bit when I was trying to 'fluff' it out - but I didn't sweat it, and I couldn't even tell when I finished.  I did find that a hot glue gun works the best for glue!  I cut the rolled roses out at about 3 inches, I did find that the bigger the roses the easier it was to work with.



 




I have this rolled rose cutfile in my 'shop' for $.99.  The cutfile has 2 roses (one straight and the other scalloped) and 2 leaves.  This cutfile is available in SVG, SCUT2, MTC, WPC, KNK, and GSD.

All of the paper I used is made by Crate Paper and is from the 'Portrait Pack' - including all the die cuts, stickers, and border strips.

8 comments:

  1. Shelly
    Roses are gorgeous.
    Myrna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how SUPER SUPER awesome!!! They look FANTASTIC girl!!!!! And THANK YOU so much for your awesome blog love you left me!!! Hope you have a very blessed week!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These flowers are beautiful!!! The cards are great but the shine of the flowers really adds!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the looks of your roses! What a wonderful idea! TFS!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The roses are beautiful. I've never tried metal on the Silhouette. Now I definitely will. I'd love to have you link up to my blog party: http://www.maggiemugginsdesigns.com/2012/03/silhouette-free-shape-of-week-link.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. love how the roses look. the metal gives them a special quality and a shine.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are waaaay cool. I work with metal for my stained glass, but have yet to work with any of it for cards...what am I waiting for. I think I will save the rose technique for you...can't imagine them looking like yours.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So pretty! I love your design and the colors you used. I just ordered these stamps and can't wait until they arrive.
    Membership Cards
    Plastic VIP Cards
    scratch cards

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...