Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Cone Basket


I was surfing the web and ran across this pretty 'Paper and Petal' baskets made by Bethany Lowe.  I thought that these baskets were just adorable - but not the price tag $60.  So I thought I could come up with a design similar to these...


 So here is the basic design.   I made this basket with just simple 2-sided floral paper and tied off with a ribbon.


Here is the same design, but I tried to get a little fancier in decorating it.  I used some crepe paper (from a cheap roll of paper streamers) and toped off with a bow, flower, ribbon, buttons, and some glitter.  I am thinking I should have finished these baskets up earlier and used them as May Day Baskets, oh well I am ready for next year!

7 comments:

  1. Love the baskets Shelley!! Will you share a tutorial on how to make them please!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute! Love your creations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your baskets are beautiful, Shelley!! I especially like the pink one with the crepe paper.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did a wonderful job on recreating those baskets! I like the added tissue paper to the second one. I wonder how tulle would work? Thank you for letting us see your beautiful creations

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely baskets, I love the pink one and I am not a pink person. Very clever and so much cheaper than the original.
    Hugs, Neet (via J Lab)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute baskets - you managed a great knock-off!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cute baskets..good idea..pink and white basket is looks very cute.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...