Thursday, June 7, 2012

Merry Merry Snowmen Quilt


First, I have to make excuses for the poor photo - but I wanted to show this quilt.  I was in Burwell, Nebraska for a couple days visiting my parents, and while there I helped my Mom put together this quilt.  The pattern is by Bunny Hill and called Merry Merry Snowmen.  It is not finished yet but, can you believe we did this much in 2.5 days?  I am still amazed that she didn't have to go out and buy any fabric, it was all in her stash!  Mom was hesitant to even start this quilt because she wasn't sure about what colors to use.  I told her that was the fun part - so I just started pulling out fabrics.  I would hand her the fabric and tell her how much to cut off.  While Mom sewed the top together I was cutting the applique pieces.  We had fun!   My sister showed up on the final day.  I kept wondering how much different the quilt would have looked had my sister been there earlier to help with the fabric choices - she said the same thing!!  My sister is also a quilter and has a VERY good eye for color, and I am sure it would have looked much different.
 We have decided that the next time we get together we should work on a quilt for one of us.  We are scheduled to get together in august - so I had better start looking at quilting patterns.  I am not much of a quilter but I am excited about starting one!

5 comments:

  1. This is beautiful!! your color choices are great!! My mother loves to quilt, and I love quilts, but I don't have the patience for it! :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is looking cute..quit interesting...

    ReplyDelete
  3. i think there is no need for saying sorry on poor quality of pic. because still they are lookig amazing... very beautiful quilts... plz keep sharing these types of posts....

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...