Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Snowman Bucket


 A while back I was working on a few Jack-o-Lanterns buckets - well, there was one experiment in which I took a large styrofoam ball and hollowed it out to make the base for the bucket.  Hollowing out the styrofoam ball was rather easy, just cut off the top and scoop out the insides with a spoon.  But I never liked the end product - the walls of the bucket seemed too thick.  Well, I left this hollowed out ball sitting in my closet for a few months.  Then one day, I pick up the hollowed out ball and started walking it to the garbage.  After having it sit in the trash can all day, I got to thinking that this might make a cool 'Snowman' bucket.



So I rescued the styrofoam ball from the trash can, and started to make the Snowman.  I inserted a dowel for the nose and covered it with paper clay.  I then took a small stryofoam ball and cut it in half for the earmuffs.  I then covered the snowman with 'snow' paint, and painted in the eyes, cheeks and nose.  I guess he is kind of cute for an experiment gone bad!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...