Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Valentine Heart - embroidery



My youngest son starts speech therapy up again this week, so in order to keep myself occupied during his sessions, I am starting a new embroidery project.  One of my favorite holidays is Valentine's Day so I decided to come up with a decoration for my kitchen.  I drew this heart myself (yes - no pattern used) and then colored it in with water color pencils.  This is the first time I have ever colored onto fabric and I sure hope that the color will stay!  I plan on doing some hand embroidery around the heart and flowers.  I have purchased some thread but still not sure what color of thread to use around the lace - white or grey?  Anyway no hurry with this project as I know that will not have it finished by this Valentine's Day.



I plan on turning this hand embroidery into a wall hanging.  I have been making various pink blocks since Christmas in anticipation of this Valentine project.  This started out as a table topper, but I made a few too many blocks - so now it will be a wall hanging.  I am not sure if this will be the final layout - I want to wait until I finish the embroidery (it may change again).  I am not using a pattern so I can make it any size I want - or until I run out of fabric!

2 comments:

  1. Shelly ... this absolutely gorgeous! Beautiful design and I look forward to a photo of it finished. Embossing hugs, :-) Donna

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...