Sunday, June 29, 2014

Floral Wreath Embroidery - two different takes


Here is my latest design a floral wreath.  I send my sister a copy of the sketch to see what she thought of it.  Next thing I know she is finished embroidering it in about a week's time.  She mailed her version to me so I could see it.  Her version is the one on the left, she didn't like my purple 'crocus' flowers and changed it to yellow tulips.  I am amazed at just how different her version is from mine on the right!  My sister Lori used Crayons to color her wreath while I used Water color Pencils - big difference especially in person.  I think both are very pretty.  Sorry for the poor photo, I also should have taken the time to iron the fabric before taking a photo.


This is how I think I am going to finish the Floral Wreath Embroidery.  I want to keep this as a small wall hanging to hang in my kitchen.  I made 56 pinwheel 3-inch blocks of various neutral colors.  I didn't want the quilt blocks to take away from the wreath, so I kept them neutral colors.  I am not sure how my sister is going to finish off her version, maybe she will make it into a full size quilt?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...